As I'm talking photos of our life everyday this is not too far of a stretch however it's a morning until evening account of our life in September 2013 so it is pretty full on. In saying that, this project can be whatever you want it to be ie if you only want to take 10 photos each day, then take 10 photos each day. I take lots of photos everyday and then you have more of a choice for options about what to put in. This year I'm thinking of heading into the city for a day to take snaps of Brisbane as I never venture into the city but we do live in Brisbane and years to come it will be good to have this history.
Also when I think about what sort of things to photograph I think about if my Mum gave me a book like this from when I was 6 or so I would want to see what sort of cereals we were eating, the wallpaper on the walls, my bedroom which I shared with my sister, our house, dressed up going to school, books we were reading, artwork I did, games we played in the backyard, tv shows we watched, dinners we ate, the time on the clock we left to go to school, ate dinner etc. Whilst our daily lives are "normal" to us now, in 30 years times when James and Sienna are looking at these books what will it show them about their lives in 2013. One thing I must do again is be in the photos and not just alone, but with my kids. The remote and the tripod will take care of that, now all I need is semi co-operative children....that may or may prove illusive.
It is truly a fabulous project to do for your family and lots of opportunity to think about photography and different angles to photograph things instead of the obvious ones.
Here's a couple of pages from WITL 2010 but my all time favourite was last year in 2012 using the Blurb book which I wrote about in this post.
Things that I remember when I look at these 2010 pages of WITL are the following:-
- James was in Grade 1 and was 6 years old and Sienna was at Kindy and was 4 years old.
- I love their little round chubby baby faces and which I could give them a big squeeze they are so cute.
- We had just started our very first veggie garden and the kids loved watering the plants.
- The kids had a sleep over at Granny's place (my Mum) and set up a cuby house in the lounge room.
- Sienna loves all creatures great and small, dead or alive and she carried around a dead grasshopper with her at Granny's place.
- The price of petrol was $1.35
- My sister moved into her unit that she bought.
- James teaching Sienna how to play UNO and obviously it was taking too long as she looks very bored and oh so cute waiting for the cards.
- A set of traffic lights that we had to wait at every morning going to school from our old house.
- The cereals the kids were eating in April 2010 Sustain and Weetbix.
- I got to sleep in until 9.35 am because the kids were having a sleep over at Granny's.