Friday, February 1, 2013

New Home Made Pizza Base

This afternoon I gave this new pizza base a go and it was great.  I found it on "The Prairie Homestead" blog and due to lack of time (school pick up) and ease I just popped all the stuff into my bread maker and pushed a button and let it work it's magic.  I would normally make it in the Thermomix however that would involve getting the dough out of the Thermomix putting it into another bowl and cleaning the Thermomix and this afternoon I just didn't have the time.  I bought my bread maker about 15 years ago and it was just the Kmart home brand which from memory is Palasonic (not to be confused with Panasonic).  Anyway I knew it was the home brand and it was $110 when all the other bread makers on the market were double that.

We ended up dividing the dough into two pizza's just because I have two kids and both wanted to put the toppings on a pizza however next time I'm just going to use all the dough to make one thicker pizza.  We actually like thin pizza's at our house but just the same I'd like to give this a go.  I mixed in some "Pizza Herb Mix" into the dough at the ingredient stage and it gave the dough a lovely smell and I couldn't wait to eat it.

We used our home made pizza sauce made in the Thermomix which I have frozen on hand, some ham and some kebab of some kind and some cheese......YUM, YUM, YUM.  Adding the herbs into the dough was my favourite bit of flavour.  Here are my apprentice pizza chefs each making a pizza.









No comments:

Post a Comment