Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

As mentioned in the previous post I've had problems trying to do posts for 2 months and have been unable to load photos and stories which is such a shame because at the end of the year I print out the blog into a book and there will be 2 months of stories and photos missing.  It's just one of those things that can't be helped and thanks to my nephew he has come to the rescue and sorted it out so you should see lots of posts coming up.

Firstly is our fabulous New Year's Eve photo that I took.  Remember the numbers have to be spelt backwards with the sparklers so I had my 15 year old nephew from Perth on the 2, Sienna was on the 0, my 11 year old Brisbane niece on the 1 and James was on the 3.  We did a fair few takes and of course with all these things the actual memories of doing it is equally as much fun as the final photo.  This type of photo must have been all the rage because on the front page of the Brisbane Courier Mail on the 1st January they had 2013 written with sparklers as well and then Freckle Photoblog posted her picture on the 1st January, 2013 (just scroll down to her 1st January post as the link was broken) and so without any further delays here is our sparkler 2013 picture.



I can't find the link that lead me to the instructions for the photos however I think I found it on Pinterest somewhere.  These are the instructions I used:-

Use a tripod - Set camera mode to M (manual) - Set f/stop to f5.6 - Set shutter speed to 4" (4 seconds) or slower (make the shutter speed faster for more defined words) - Set white balance to Tungsten - final note - Make sure everyone writes their letters backwards.  The picture I found they had spelt the word LOVE so that would be great if you are at a wedding at night time outdoors.  Loads of fun achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment