Thursday, July 14, 2011

A funny photography story!!!



On the last day of term two I decided it would be a nice idea to get a picture of the kids walking away from the car at drop off. They are loving the drop off in the morning however I do miss walking them in each day however Sienna was getting very clingy so the drop off seems to be a big success. Back to my photography (or lack thereof)...... I told the kids I was going to take a photo of them walking to school (mistake no 1), then I focused on them about 2 mts away walking (mistake no 2 - they ran away) and then the camera starting beeping (on self timer from the night before (mistake no 3). By the time the 10 seconds were up they had run for their lives as to not get into the picture this was what I got. Focus was at 2 mtr and the fence, tree and playground equipment was probably 20 mts away. Sienna is the pink blob with the blue backpack in the centre of the picture. The red bit is part of the new playground equipment and James, well, .... he is no where to be seen even if you could see through the blur. Despite the photo being a complete disaster I think the story is a great one and I just couldn't delete the picture because as they say "a picture tells a thousand words". I laughed my head off when I loaded it and here I am thinking I'm a pretty good photographer!!!! I was put back in my box real quick. The moral of the story is we all have bad photography days but this one made me laugh. I think that's why scrapbooking is so great because behind the photos comes the story and emotion. Do you have a bad photo that you couldn't delete because of the memory...would love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment