Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberry Picking






















For the past 2 years my friends have taken their kids to Rolin Strawberry Farm about 45 mins away on the way to the North Coast. This year I was determined to make it and the "pick your own" only opened to the public last Saturday so we got in early. I was looking forward to some beautiful photo opportunities and took along my expodisc (for perfect white balance) and we arrived and there weren't too many people in the fields so photos would be just us and I started to take my first photo and the camera was flashing inside "no CF Card"........oops....it was still in the computer from loading my photos last night. I couldn't believe it but luckily Poppa Waz had his Nikon with him so we took a few photos on his camera and then I uploaded them to my computer when we got home.

I have only done that once before but it didn't matter as I wasn't really in the picture mood taking on that day but today I was wanting to take some Karen Russell (KR to my friends) shots..... The Nikon does everything back to front from Canon so when you are zooming in on one camera, on the other it's zooming out so it was all very hilarious. Here are some photos of our strawberry picking adventure and they were absolutely delicious and huge fresh strawberries.



We dropped into Bribie Island after the Strawberry Farm and had fish and chips for lunch, the kids had a play on the playground, threw the Frisbee and had a little walk on the beach. Photos of the beach will be posted tomorrow as there are lots from the strawberry farm to post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment