Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Coco and Fluffy update



Well our beautiful chickens are going well and we love having them. Fluffy is now laying a egg a day as well so we are getting 2 fresh eggs a day. I can't tell you how cool it is to go outside and collect the eggs and come inside and cook them. The kids are having fun playing with them, talking to them, looking after them and collecting the eggs as well. They are free to roam the yard for hours at a time as long as I get them past my veggie garden first. It's funny because as soon as they are let out they both run a million miles and hour and head to my veggie garden to munch on my lettuce. (not happy Jan!!!) however if we can get them past the veggies they go down the back to scratch around and dig for worms in a garden bed that has no plants so it's great for them. They are down there for hours digging around.

Here's a couple of pictures I took of them the other day underneath the mock orange trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment