Monday, November 8, 2010

2009 Project 365 Canvas


When I started Project 365 at the beginning of 2009 I decided that at the end of the year I would get a wall canvas done with all the pictures as thumbnail prints. I had seen this on a blog back in 2008 and thought it looked fantastic.

I have finally gotten around to getting the photos sorted and taking them to get them printed. I received a sample print on canvas just to make sure that you could still see the pictures clear enough on the canvas given that canvas is a bit like material (threads) rather than smooth like photo papger. I'm pleased to say I was thrilled with the small test print and now the whole thing is being printed and mounted. I'm going to hang it in the entry way.

The canvas is quite large and is 12 pictures across and 30 down + 5 and a title on the bottom. The pictures are 4.5cm x 3cm each and now that the template is set up, anyone interested in doing this, the company I used will know what to do and it's just a matter of getting the jpeg files ready to go onto the grid. In other words, all the hard work has now been done by a local Brisbane company.
Knowing I was going to do this thumbnail collage I kept all my photos horizontal format so I could do the canvas. I'm hoping to get it next week as I'm very excited about it and it tops off my photo a day for an entire year experience. Can't wait to post a picture of the completed canvas.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a tremendous idea! I bet Di would like this idea too - looking forward to seeing the end product.

    ReplyDelete