Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Garage sale and bingo





During the school holidays I got an urge to visit a local garage sale which was being held due to the parents going into a retirement home and therefore there was a whole house full of stuff. I had no idea what to expect or what I was wanting to find however, I took the kids along to have a look. On the way there James said is it like a "yard sale".... looks like he watches too many american shows to use that term as in Australia we have the good old fashioned "garage sale". Anyway he said will there be any toys there and I said no and he couldn't understand why but we ventured in for a little look and there were plates, glasses, lots and lots of colanders (they must have collected those) and we were about to walk out without buying anything when I spotted a "bingo" game.

James was pretty excited and so was I as I had been wanting to get one of these recently but hadn't gotten around to doing anything about it. We handed over our $9 and off we went very excited about our little holiday purchase. The kids had fun with it when we got home and I was having a giggle to myself about telling him there wouldn't be any toys there. So that was our garage sale experience and well worth our 10 min drive and $9 spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment