Monday, June 7, 2010

The very first home grown tomato


I've been thrilled with our little veggie patch and we have our first Tommy Toe tomato off the bush. Sienna has taken it to kindy for show and tell and even carried it in a little container to school when we dropped James off. She is showing this little beauty off and is soooo proud as am I. I've mentioned before that the veggie garden is making me very happy and I'm looking forward to when we can pick some more tomatoes off the bush. For now we are going to have to share this little one which is a whole 3.5cm x 3.5cm. It's not the size that counts but the organic quality of this little tomato which is well loved. Given that they are cherry tomatoes it's grown to it's potential. Here's adding some more variety to the kids lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment