Sunday, May 30, 2010

Home Grown





I love reading about people growing veggies and I have wonderful relatives who are very successful at veggie growing. Recently I got my act together to grow a few of our own veggies in the backyard. We started with two 1.2 mt x 1.2 mt plots and planted two types of lettuce, capicums, tomatoes, spring onions, thai basil and some marigolds. We are still to get the carrot and corriander seeds in the ground however, it is a great sense of achievement when you can walk outside, pick your organic lettuce and put it on your sandwich for lunch. It's such a small thing but makes me very happy. My youngest, not so fussy eater was very excited to put lettuce on her sandwich and is keen to have it on her lunches for kindy.

1 comment:

  1. Great series of photos. Well done on your veg patch. YOu are an inspiration as always!

    ReplyDelete